PADI Divemaster (Training against cooperation possible)
Would you like to take your first step and practice diving as a profession? Your diving adventure on the professional level in scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, this program extends your diving knowledge and refines your skills to a professional level. The PADI Divemaster training will enhance your leadership skills and teach you to supervise diving activities and assist instructors in their work with student divers. You also need to be certified PADI Divemaster to become a PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
During the PADI Divemaster program, you will acquire leadership skills both in the classroom and through self-study. You will complete water skills and endurance exercises as well as training tasks that not only challenge your organizational skills and problem-solving skills, but also help others to improve their diving skills. You then practice this skill practically in an internship or a series of training tasks.
What you can teach
After you have obtained the brevet as a PADI Divemaster, you may:
- Oversee diving activities and help with dive training Planning, organizing and guiding dives
- Assisting a PADI Instructor with all PADI Dive Courses during training lessons
- Teach the PADI Skin Diver Course and the PADI Discover Snorkeling Program
- Hold the PADI Discover Local Diving Experience
- Teach the PADI Scuba Review Program
- If the Qualification is a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, follow the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Program Perform
- Become a PADI Specialty Instructor for Digital Underwater Photography and then teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photography Specialty.
- Students of the PADI Open Water Diver course will independently accompany during the underwater tours in the open water training dives 2, 3 and 4, in the ratio of two diving students to each certified Divemaster
- Under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor:
- Can you accompany Open Water Diver divers while swimming on the surface to and from the entry / exit point, as well as during the navigation exercises
- Can you stay with the other student divers while the Instructor performs an exercise, such as an exercise? Eg a climb or descent (with a single student or a buddy team)
- Under the supervision of a PADI Instructor, accompany divers on Adventure Dives as well as training dives in PADI Specialty Courses
- Implementation of the PADI Seal Team AquaMission
- Conduct further open water dives under the direct supervision of an Instructor with the participants of a Discover Scuba Diving program. When the first open water dive has been completed satisfactorily with a PADI Instructor
- Independently teaching Emergency First Response courses if the Divemaster has successfully completed an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
Take a look at the overview of what you can teach as you continue your professional dive training.
Your Diving Equipment Used
- You'll use all the basic diving equipment and some diving equipment like an underwater board, diving knife, compass, diver's watch and more.
- It is strongly recommended that you have your own complete diving equipment, as familiarity with personal equipment simplifies basic diving skills. You can buy quality equipment from us (new or used), we will advise you in the course of your course.
You need the following learning materials
The PADI Divemaster Kit includes all the materials needed to start the PADI Divemaster program. The complete kit includes the following materials:
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving - a comprehensive overview of diving physics, physiology and equipment.
- The Diving Knowledge Workbook - a self-paced guide to prepare for Divemaster and Instructor exams.
- Divemaster Tables
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- Discover Scuba Diving Cue Card
- Instructor syllabus for programs that can be performed by the Divemaster (exclusive component, not sold separately) You can purchase this product through us. Price € 219,- to € 309,- depending on the equipment pack which you chose.
To participate in this course you must be:
- 18 years old
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or have an equivalent qualification from another training organization)
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or have an equivalent qualification from another training organization)
- Emergency First Response First and Secondary Care (course can also be completed here). Provide proof of completion within the last 24 months (or have equivalent training in first aid and CPR of another organization)
- Have at least 20 dives at the start of the course and 60 at certification
- Being fit for diving and having a health questionnaire (PDF) signed by a doctor within the last 12 months
- Other courses that will help you succeed as a PADI Divemaster
- Here are some suggestions for other PADI courses that will help you to be more successful than PADI Divemaster:
- boat diver
- Protection of coral reefs
- Digital underwater photographer
- Emergency First Response Instructor
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Enriched Air Divers (NITROX)
- equipment specialist
- night diver
- Tare in perfection
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater navigation
Price € 599, - plus learning material € 219,- to € 309,-
The certification fee for the Divemaster is borne by the finished Divemaster himself.